Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sneaking Time: Date Night (or day)

Intentionality. 
 One word I need to put back into my marriage.

It is so easy to focus on all the things left to be done, the exhaustion, and the lack of alone time (where NO ONE needs ANYTHING from me). Not to say that I have the "hang" of our new life as parents, but after 6-months of having our little one here on this earth, I now need to turn some focus back on my marriage and not put so much thought into all of the un-done things or things that in the life-long scheme of life don't really matter.


One way to do this is to be more intention and creative about my time together with my husband


Recently, I have discovered we have "default" dates like sitting in front of the TV to watch a movie. Or (with our crazy schedules) staring at each other blankly from across the kitchen realizing that it is actually Friday, date night, and we have nothing planned.

Don't get me wrong, at home dinnering and movie-ing surely have there place (and are easy to do with a baby after an exhausting week). I also realize that every date does not need to be epicly, creative. But I do desire to spark different conversation, deeper laughter, and greater joy than we already have. 

So, when I couldn't sleep last night, I made a list of some date ideas I want to try and/or repeat. Some are easily done with baby (or at home after baby is asleep). Some would be nice if we had a babysitter. Others require a babysitter. I have omitted a few because the hubs does read my blog and I don't want to spoil the surprise. :)

I also want to hear from you!! So please comment on any creative, fun date ideas you have (with or without baby)!! Enjoy!

  • Pierce College Planetarium (I didn't even know this existed!!)
  • Brown's Point Lighthouse
  • TCC's Art Gallery
  • Basketball at the local school
  • Indoor Camping
  • YouTube: Paint or Dance lessons
  • Rock Climbing!!
  • Farmer's Market
  • Plan a color themed meal together
  • Bocce Ball
  • Eat in front of the fire
  • Kite & Picnic Date (pick-up lunch on the way to the park)
  • And a million other ideas off this website: www.soundsfunmom.com
 
What are your date ideas?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment