Thursday, February 5, 2015

In the light of Eternity...

We are all dealing with challenging things in this life. It is easy to complain, compare to others, or just want to give up.

We ask ourselves:
  • Why put in the effort? 
  • Why figure out a way to make it work? 
  • Is it really worth it?
  • Will this ever end?
I have been faced with these questions and emotions times ten over the past few months.

Whether you are dealing with weight issues, work stress, raising children or any other number of problems, we have a decision to make regarding our attitude towards them.

Today I was confronted with the truth, "Does this situation matter in light of eternity?"

This powerful question helped re-direct my thoughts and view my situations with a different perspective.

Here is what is most important:
  • Is my relationship with Christ growing? Am I allowing Him to work through the situations I am facing?
  • Is my first thought to turn to prayer?
  • Am I submitting my marriage to God and allowing God to transform us for His glory?
  • Are my actions teaching my daughter about Jesus or distracting her from knowing the Savior?
  • Do I trust that God, as Baby's Heavenly Father, cares for her WAY beyond what I can or ever will?
  • Is my focus to share Jesus' life, saving power with my family & friends instead of complaining?
  • Am I will to allow God to transform me? Disciple me? Through ALL challenges?
  • Am I relying on God more than myself?
Follow God, submitting myself to Him, seeing Him in all things, and sharing His power to save...in the light of eternity these things are the things that matter. These things make fighting through my struggles worth it! So, ask yourself, in the light of eternity, does this really matter? 



No comments:

Post a Comment