Monday, January 18, 2021

Growing in Faith: Overwhelmed; Let us pray

I have much to say about the scriptures I read today-- yet my heart is overwhelmed. So here are the general impressions. I pray they speak to you.


  • For our nation, especially this week (inauguration), let us pray for unity. Lest we see what Jesus describes in Matthew 12:25 
    “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand."

 

  • Let us be FOR God: "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." Matthew 12:30
 
  •  What are we thinking---speaking to our generations (family, children, community, co-workers)? "For the mouth speaks from the overflow of the heart." Matthew 12:34
 
  • Matthew 13:1-9-- discusses the parable of the sower and the reproduction of the planted seed. Many of the seeds do not grow and instead they wither. Only a few produce good fruit.  My remaining questions: Am I producing? Are you producing? What I am producing? What are you producing? Are you hearing what God is speaking to you? 

Matthew 13:13-15

13 This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
    though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
    you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
    they hardly hear with their ears,
    and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
    hear with their ears,
    understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’

No comments:

Post a Comment