Sunday, January 3, 2021

Growing in Faith: FIGHT

Sunday: Not what I was expecting. A leaky roof and a husband who took a COVID test due to "unexplained symptoms." I would have never predicted these events yesterday when I laid my head on my pillow for the night. Yesterday, life seemed a little less stressed and (dare I say) "normal." Yet today, God had other plans for our family. Plans to rest more deeply in Him and cozy up for a ride that would allow our faith to be put into practice.


In the passage I read yesterday (Matthew 4), after Jesus had been baptized, He was lead to the desert where He was tempted. In His flesh, did He know that after His baptism His faith would be tested?   Despite knowing or not knowing, Jesus relied on His knowledge of Scripture and His relationship with God the Father to sustain Him during these tempting trials. He could have thrown up His arms in surrender (to the wrong thing!!) and acted in His flesh. Yet even when encountered with the "hard things" (temptations from the devil), He leaned in -- fighting them rather than embracing them. 

What things are you facing in your life today that you need to lean in and FIGHT rather than embrace? Maybe it is apathy? Fear? Anxiety? Have you knowingly or unknowingly surrendered to the "wrong thing... the temptations that are starring you in the face?  

Whatever it is, F-I-G-H-T!  

Use the Words of Scripture as your sword and your relationship with Him as your army. You can and will conquer. I am reminded of this verse: 1 Corinthians 10:13

13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

 

So... as I press into my day (leaky roof and the fear of a positive COVID test), I lean in and FIGHT with the power of God encompassing me and the Truth His Word brings. It is WORTH it.  

 

Today, what are you fighting? What will your weapons be? Lean in, dear friends, and FIGHT! He is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment