Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Denying Christ.

Which areas of your life are you denying Christ?

This past weekend at the Women's Retreat for my church, God asked me just this very question. Of course, I quickly replied to Him, "I am not knowingly denying you any area of my life, Lord."

Then He replied, "Well, what about this area and that area?"

For the sake of this blog, these areas do not need to be mentioned, but needless to say, my jaw dropped!

Was I really one of "those" people who thought I was 100% free from denying Christ any area of my life? Did I really think that God did not care about those two particular areas of my life? I mean, after all, I had hid them SOOOOO well. Yea, right!

After some weeping and anger, I was able to come before the Lord and apologize for my attitude and my unwilling heart. Getting to the point of apology and a humbled spirit is never easy (at least for me), yet is is amazing how closely my Lord knows what is happening in my heart and mind. 

When I first began to deny Christ these two areas, I began to push them deep down and "ignore" them. Soon, there were only anxious thoughts and well-laid plans. But with Christ, nothing can be pushed down too far or hidden in the depths of that secret place without Him knowing about it.

The theme passage this weekend was Psalm 139. It asks these two questions, "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your Presence? If I go to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there..." (verses 7,8)

God knows us so intimately. It shouldn't be shocking; however, this weekend the Lord Himself spoke to me. He spoke words of discipline, words of action, and also words of love and encouragement. 

Although I am still wrestling with what the Lord has spoken to me, I feel released from worry, stress, and anxiety. Knowing that God cares so much for me that He would bring these two very important issues up and provide a way, makes me realize how great our God really is!

So, I ask you, what areas of your life are you denying Christ? 

I challenge you to seek the Lord. He will not only be faithful to answer you, but He will be faithful to walk with you. I pray that you will sense His peace and presence as you do business with God!

Blessings!

Some Helpful Scriptures:
  • Psalm 139
  • Jeremiah 31:3-5
  • Matthew 6:25-34
  • Romans 8:28-39
  • 1 Corinthians 3:16-23


No comments:

Post a Comment