Friday, January 30, 2015

Dreary, exuberant or otherwise...

As I lay my head down on my purple covered pillow, I pray a desperate prayer for wisdom and sleep. Then I very slowly drift off to Never Never Land.

In between my husband's snoring & baby's crying every 2ish hours, I plea to the Maker for more than 30-minute stretches of uninterrupted sleep.

HE gently reminds me of my calling: to motherhood. 

He reminds me that He gives wisdom generously and without finding fault.

He reminds me I have more than enough in Him and an abundance of blessings.

He reminds me that He is bigger than sleep and more powerful than dreary eyes (and the highly caffeinated beverage I have been dreaming I will consume when the world is no longer dark!).

He reminds me that there is purpose in everything He allows and it is my job to trust His judgement over mine.

So although it is 5:30a and I have been up at 10p, 12a, 2a, 4:40a and still up...I know that I am dearly loved, respected, called and chosen by the One who created everything! What a powerful reminder!

So, when my husband's alarm goes off in less than 30-minutes, I will know that I am in God's will & He alone will give me the strength I need to endure another day...a day...a blessing that He alone ordains. 

Blessings & peace upon on who read this. Whether dreary, exuberant or otherwise, I pray that you will find yourself in God's will.

Good(Morning).


No comments:

Post a Comment