Tuesday, September 3, 2019

A letter to my daughter....


Her clothes are picked out and hanging in her closet. Her brand new shiny black shoes are ready to be worn for the very first time. Her fuzzy unicorn backpack is all packed and ready to go. Her snack is made and her water bottle is labeled. She will rest her head tonight on the same pillow that she has slept on since birth only to wake up to an ever-changing and brand new season of life… Kindergarten.

I never thought that I would be the mom who would cry or get emotional but it’s happening. The last five years I have treasured my sweet daughter & now...now I am entrusting my treasured first born to the world of academia. Her world will open up in new ways and she will learn to explore the world through a new perspective. Her generosity and kindness will now be shared with more than just her family and neighbors. There will be a large part of her life that I will no longer be directly orchestrating. Just one more heartstring is being cut tomorrow. As she grows older, she is starting to be more independent. Making her bed, picking out her clothes, preparing simple meals and helping with household chores. Of course these things are expected but I don’t know if a mama‘s heart is ever truly ready to see her beautiful baby grow up to a little girl soon to be an adolescent and then an adult. 

I am fully confident that she is ready to start this journey…even as a “fresh 5” (year old). I am excited to see what she will do, how she will change and through this education, love God more. It is a thrilling start to a long journey. I pray for her and us as we learn this together. I am thankful every day for this precious soul. I look forward to that first hug and cuddle once the first day is done…holding her so tight (yet knowing that I will always have to let her go). This is a first for us both baby girl! Lets do it together. I love you so deeply daughter! I hope you will ALWAYS KNOW just “how big I love you!” Have a great first day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment