Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Growing a boy: Taking a step

Last week was a very hard week emotionally. Learning our son is "labeled" developmentally delayed. Feeling the rush and pressure to see a bone doctor to get his hips x-rayed. To hear that our son may not walk until 18-months old. To learn we have to go to PT two times a week.

Well, God has a sense of humor.

At the end of the week, as I cleaned up dinner our son "crawl-hopped" into the kitchen. My husband was working late so it was me and the three kiddos. I have been working on leading him as he walks, holding onto both of his hands loosely. I was in the corner of the kitchen picking up the colorful potholder I used to retrieve the fish, dinner, from the oven. I was waving the colorful pot holder in one hand and my son's hand loosely in the other. He pulled his hand away. He stood for a few seconds (his normal) and then.....AND THEN! He took two steps!!

"OH  MY GOSH!!" OH MY GOSH!!" "REALLY?!?!?!" "OH MY GOSH!!" is all I could say.

Of course, no one was there to see the AMAZING event but me. It was a gift. I felt God surrounding me and the angels in heaven cheering. Victory. God knew how much I needed to see this.

He has since, not taken a step on his own (maybe a 1/2 step) but I SAW IT! With my own eyes! My son CAN walk! At 15-months old he took his first. This is bigger than anything I could have asked! Even if he really does not walk until 16, 17 or 18 months, I know that he can! God proved that to me! (And so did Oliver!).

God is SO faithful to us and when we need it the most, He gives us these amazing gifts.

Thank you God for blessing this momma's heart in such an incredible and amazing way. Praise be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment