Monday, May 15, 2017

Isolation: We need fellowship

The journey over the last 7 weeks has been incredible.

Isolation due to the fact that I could move with my huge pregnant belly, a medical conditions caused by my pregnancy, did not allow me to tote myself or my other two kids around for weeks before our third child was born. Isolated.

The week before our third was born, I found myself so uncomfortable and also in the hospital. It was nearly impossible to think about entertaining (I could hardly hold a conversation with myself). Isolated.

The 28-days after our third was born were spent traveling to and from Seattle Children's Hospital and Tacoma General. Although we did have a few visitors, we largely remained stressed, exhausted and isolated.

Two weeks into being home with our little guy, we still feel isolated. Our preemie son needs a lot of attention yet we are excited to have play dates and get back into a new-normal of life with our friends.

It is hard going through everything we have gone through...the unexpected, not knowing if our son would live or die. We are so grateful for the meals, text messages and practical ways we have been served (like picking up bananas at the store, mowing our lawn, helping us get our house back in order after our flooded basement). This certainly made this ordeal a million times better.

We sure have not gotten down the "having 3 under three thing" as of yet and getting out of the house is like preparing for a mission to Mars.... SO please, we welcome healthy visitors to our home! We are in need of play dates, adult conversation, play times for our "bigs." Fellowship is key to keeping our sanity. So, if you feel so inclined, send us a text or ring us on the phone and lets plan a play-date! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment