Sunday, June 17, 2012

Crowned with GLORY & HONOR!


"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. You made them rulers over the works of your hands; 
you put everything under their feet..." 

Psalm 8:5-6


Who am I that God is mindful of me? ...that He would crown me with glory and honor?

I am simply amazed.

As I have been working through my most recent Bible study, God is showing me how much He deeply cares for me. As He show me this, I am immediately shocked.

Really, me God? You deeply care for me? Why would God care so deeply for me, a sinner, a person who seems to mess up all of the time, a person who makes wrong decisions (or no decisions). 

I am perplexed. And to top it all off, He crowns me with glory, honor and give me the responsibility of caring for His creation.

How trusting our God is! How perfect are His ways!

From a young age God has been calling me to Himself. He desires to have a relationship and friendship with me. After all, I am made after His image! As I reflect on this (particularly on Father's Day), I find myself looking at God as a Father. I see how His "Father Heart" desires me to be "crowned with glory and honor" just as my earthly father does. It is a bit shocking to read this scripture and truly take it to heart.

Believing that scripture is God breathed, I desire to take hold of this passage and claim it in my life. I pray that I can use the glory and honor God has already crowned me with to glorify and honor God. I pray that my attitude, thoughts and emotions would reflect this precious gift and responsibility that Christ has called me into.

After reading this Psalm, what is God speaking to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment