Monday, June 18, 2012

Are you valued by God?


Often times in this busy world, it can seem that my life is insignificant. It can seem that the things I do or say rarely matter and that no one see what is truly in my heart (despite all of "my" efforts to show them!).

I find myself drifting from a complete surrender and abandonment for God to a complete addiction to the world. My heart is sad by this rejection of the ONE who crowns me with honor and glory...for what do I do with that honor and glory---- I take it for granted, turn from it, abuse it.

Have you been there? Maybe you are there now.....

When I sat down for quiet time this morning and pondered Psalm 139, I was SO thankful for the God who protects me, regardless of my state-of-mind or addiction to the world.

Have you ever read Psalm 139? If so, you have seen the value that God has placed on us.

If you haven't read Psalm 139 (or it has been awhile), I challenge you to dig in!

In this Psalm, He tells me the following:
  • Verse 1- He understands me
  • Verse 2- He knows my schedule
  • Verse 3- He knows when I sleep and when I arise
  • Verse 4- He knows what I will say even before I think or say it (this one was convicting!)
  • Verse 5- He surrounds me and keeps me secure
  • Verse 9-10- His hand guides and holds me
  • Verse 13- He created me and put me together in my mother's womb
  • Verse 14- He has made me wonderful
  • Verse 15- He knows everyday I have lived and will live

WOW!! If that does not say that I am valued, I do not know what does! It is incredible to me how much God values me. He values you just the same!

Dear God-
Thank you for showing me my value to you and caring for me even before I was born. Your kindness, love, and guidance overwhelm me. I pray that I will remember my value to you; and in doing such I will turn from the luring things of this earth to serve you and those you place before me. May my life bring honor and glory to you.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment