Sunday, August 16, 2015

Time is Running Out....

We have all heard the many sayings about time and how it slips by so fast, or how you just never know the days remaining, or the saying about hurrying up just to wait.

They are all true.

My little "Monkey-Moo" just turned one a few weeks ago. Oh, what a joyous and fun celebration reflecting back on this one year that God has blessed us with! In this year, He has taught us the most importance lessons...on love, hope, patience, compassion, sacrifice, among a few. He has taught us to rest in Him on the most challenging of days while finding something to rejoice in every single day. Like the many mini milestones: saying a new word, clapping hands, picking up food with two fingers...all of which seem insignificant but the overall picture is one of growth and learning. We are blessed.

With just 19 weeks before Baby Boy, Little Foot, arrives, I feel as if time is running out to spend special time with my oldest, my sweet daughter. I find myself hugging her a little tighter and a little longer. Smelling her sweet baby smell. Longing to spend hours playing with blocks on the floor or cuddling to read her favorite books. I savor our walks and "talks" a little more, appreciating her love for learning, exploring and saying "hi" to everyone (and everything). I try to capture these moment on camera so I can remember the smallest of details of what life was like with just her...the child that made me a mother.

...but time is running out.

Before I know, we will be ushering in the newest member of our family. I fear that my time will be so divided caring for a newborn and recovering for delivery that these sweetest of moments with my daughter will become few and far between (at least for a little while).  The tender moments of rocking her, snuggling her before bed, swaying her in my arms...my arms will no longer be reserved just for her. How will my heart contain love for my Jesus, husband, first born, second born, family and friends?!? My heart aches over the loss of my signaler "mommy-focus" yet at the same time my heart aches to swaddle my baby boy.

Life will change as I know it.

Being a parent is the greatest, most amazing, challenging, rewarding, scary, fulfilling "job" I have every had. It has changed me in ways that I cannot even describe. At first, I didn't even want to be a mother, but thank goodness Jesus changed my heart. I never thought I wanted two children, again, Jesus changed my heart. I trust that my Savior has the best in mind for His Glory and my good. 

Although time might be running out in this particular season, I am praying that God will reveal to me the next "truths" and life lessons He desires me to learn as we prepare for Little Foot. In the meantime, I am going to snuggle my little girl like there is no tomorrow! I am going to rock her a little longer, play with her a little harder, and enjoy every second that God allows me to be her mommy.

Man! Am I blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment