Friday, November 24, 2017

Learning to See: No pity, please

As I lay in bed, after posting my whole-raw-self today on my blog, I became curious as to how those reading these posts may react.

I am still the same person I was prior to posting this "new" news. I am not asking for accommodations. I have never and will never ask for special treatment. Up to this point in my life, I have been (and will continue to be) a full-level contributing member of my family, church and community. I have figured out since infancy how to interact with this world around me despite my "disability."

I am an overcomer. When I need help, I have learned to ask. When I need accommodations, I either find/make a way and if that doesn't work, I ask.

By no means do I want to be treated differently or with "kid-gloves" because of my recent vulnerability to my blog post readers. Again, I am the same person!

We all have our struggles and we all overcome our struggles in different ways. Like me, some keep "secrets" quiet for a while revealing it over time (blogging as a way to process); and others never share. Either way, it is okay. The point is: we all struggle with something. Maybe for you it is a speech impediment your conquered in grade-school yet are still slightly self-conscious about or maybe you struggle with overeating or an inability to do math....what ever your struggle, I pray no one judges you for being open and honest as you share and work at overcoming too.

So, join me. Simply join me in my journey of discovery. Find relatable topics that might apply to your life or to someone you know. Feel free to post encouragements, share these blog posts, ask direct questions to me of things you don't understand or things you might want to hear more about. As you can see, I am more than open to share. :) But please, do not judge (if you do, do so only to yourself...it takes boldness and bravery to be vulnerable).

I appreciate the positive feedback I have received so far. All of these emotions and feelings are so raw. I am glad to have a place to journal them, creating a document to pass along to my children and also a journal that just might encourage others to be bold and brave too.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment