Saturday, August 27, 2016

Eager to Sacrifice

Eager to Sacrifice?

sac·ri·fice ˈsakrəˌfīs/ (noun) 
  • noun: sacrifice; plural noun: sacrifices
  • an act of slaughtering an animal or person or surrendering a possession as an offering to God or to a divine or supernatural figure.

...one thing I am not so eager to do.

Sacrifice it HARD! It means giving up something (and often something I enjoy). It means setting up boundaries. Saying no. Being disciplined. It means believing in WHO I am sacrificing to and for what purpose. It means surrender.

God calls us in our life to surrender to Him. To sacrifice not only what we have but who we are to His purposes and for His glory. You know, sometimes that just doesn't make sense to me. The Bible says that all things are permissible....right? Well, the next line says "but not all things are beneficial." (1 Corinthians 10:23). This is where faith is strengthened and our allegiance is tested...when we are asked to sacrifice.

In a season where God is "simply" (and what I really mean is not "simply" at all!!) challenging me with IDEAS of possible change, I find myself unyielding, stubborn, set in MY ways...grappling if (if or when called) I should embrace said changes. Yet, "if God is for me then who can be against me?" (Romans 8:31).

When in the past has God EVER failed me? Scripture repeats over and over that He will NOT fail us...and I cannot recount one time (not one!) that He has left me to fend for myself. Every challenge I have endured, every hardship I have overcome, I have become stronger in Him able to encourage those around me as well as proclaim the faithfulness of God.

Sacrifice.

Is it worth the struggle? The stress? The uncertainty? Is sacrifice needed to grow in my faith? Become more selfless? To better care for those in whom I have been entrusted with? Am I willing to learn how to sacrifice, surrender to Him and for Him in my marriage, parenthood, friendships...in my community, places of employment and circles of influence?

Wow! Hard questions to answer.

I will leave it to you to answer those questions for yourself.

But if I am (we are) called by God to sacrifice, is my (our) heart willing?

Is the call to sacrifice to the Lord worth it?

If it is....why not embrace it eagerly!!! With joy, tenacity, and a hope beyond anything this world can offer...learning to find satisfaction in Him Only.

For HIM ONLY do we eagerly offer our sacrifices. So are you ready to join me in kneeling before the Lord, seeking if/when HE might be calling us to sacrifice...praying boldly to HIM to soften our hearts to receive the blessings that come through obedience and sacrifice, making us tender towards His voice, to His call and to His plan? If so, let us kneel together as members of one body, the body of Christ, and LETS PRAY!

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment